Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Red/White/Blue

Our local high school colors are red white and blue. I usually make a few cards in that theme for graduates I know. The team name is stars. So I have combined them all in one card.


 I am using the newest sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches and actually was very literal in my interpretation.

I found the red and white stripe paper in my stash. I decided it needed toning down a bit so I stamped a Time Holtz world map on it. The rest is pretty simple: a strip of blue, red and white tags, and 3 die cut gold stars. Tied all together with red yarn. Not quite sure where to put a sentiment. I may just add a grad cap sticker on the big star.

Check out the design team inspiration. Share your interpretation with use. Your are free to change the orientation, shapes, etc. just so we recognize the sketch.

Here is our sketch

Tuesday Morning Sketches

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! I wouldn't have thought to use the sketch for a graduation card, but it works beautifully! I've got to make a couple of grad cards today, too. First, though, I need to check out what supplies I have. I always forget from year to year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were early on July 4th cards. :) This is a great grad card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my thanks for the reminder!!! I need to make a graduation card too - my oldest grandson is graduating in May!! This is great for a grad card but you could do the same for a number of occasions!

    ReplyDelete