Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Cherry Blossoms

Time for a new sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches 

You are not held to using an oval and circles. Change the orientation. Change the shapes to anything. I turned the sketch to landscape and used a not quite rectangle center. I don't know what to call that shape. Then instead of circles I used butterflies. 

It is just past cherry blossom season in D.C. It has been on my bucket list to go to D.C. when they are in bloom. Don't know if I will ever make it but I can at least do cherry blossoms on a card. 


The card base is Melon Mambo from SU. The cherry blossom stamp is an old wood block one from Rubber Stampede. I colored it with SU Stampin' Blends. The shape  die is from Pink and Main. I anchored it with a scrap of wood patterned paper. The butterflies are an SU punch with Black Nuvo drops for their bodies. The unlabeled sentiment was stamped and then cut apart to make the 2 tags. A little Melon Mambo shading around the edge helps them stand out.

Inside is a computer made sentiment and another cherry blossom branch and butterfly.


I would love to see how you interpret our sketch. I hope you find time to create and share on our blog.

Tuesday Morning Sketches

4 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful! I love your cherry blossoms, and I think the wood patterned strip was the perfect way to anchor your rectangle. I've always wanted to see the cherry trees in D.C., too. I've been there a couple of times, but not during cherry blossom season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Love your take on this sketch. The rectangle die is neat and the branch of flowers looks wonderful. It's definitely a happy card. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRLS TRIP!!! I want to see the cherry blossoms too! This is so pretty - love those blossoms and hot pink butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Donna - I am so partial to cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete