Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Heart of Gold

 This week on Cardz 4 Guyz the prompt is Love.


The base is Kraft. The design paper grids are actually gold. I used a rectangle deckle die for the red. The heart is a brushed gold. Adding a jute ribbon adds another masculine element. It is finished off with a gold brad. I left off a sentiment. I have already made my husband's valentine so I might keep this one for an anniversary card.

I used the sketch from Try a Sketch on Tuesday. I switched the circle for a rectangle. I think that gives a more masculine feel.


Here is the card I made for my husband. I guess it also counts as Love for Cardz 4 Guyz


The stencil is Tim Holtz called burlap. The hearts and circles are dies from Stampin" UP1

10 comments:

  1. Clean and simple and perfect for a guy!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine LOVE challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    Deb Horst, DT C4G340

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the substitution you did for the circle, love that BRIGHT red deckled egde rectangle instead a lot!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT,
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous take on the sketch, Donna. Love the textures and bold color block. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I love both of these. The gold with the burlap and kraft is really nice, but I like the stenciling and die-cuts on the one you made for your DH, too. You have so many good ideas for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice interpretation of the sketch and so clean & simple! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textures in your card, CAS and pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect cards for a guy, clean and simple but make a statement! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card with the jute ribbon and gold heart! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the texture in the background and the rectangle is a good switch for a masculine card. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card with great texture. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #640. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete