Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Yellow Rose

 Welcome to another Tuesday and Tuesday Morning Sketches


I have a few pieces of paper from a 6x6 pad that has a vintage look. I threw away the cover so can't tell you who made it. I admire the vintage look cards but usually can't make it work on my own. These papers have really been a help to achieve that. 

I wanted the 2 rectangles to look cohesive so I cut apart 1 two inch strip. The back ground is Stampin' UP!'s  Crumb Cake added to a black card base. The yellow rose is an old unidentifiable one.  It is a solid stamp and stamped with Daffodil Delight, then shaded with a darker yellow. You can't tell from this photo but I went over the white highlights with a clear star gel pen. I used a Crumb Cake ribbon to offset the rose. The sentiment is stamped and fussy cut.I added some black gems to the patterned paper.

I hope you check out the design team creations and will make your own to share.




4 comments:

  1. That's a great take on the sketch. I struggle when making vintage cards, too. They just never seem to turn out the way I envision them. I like the ribbon under the rose. It's a much more interesting embellishment than the usual leaf or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow and gray are so pretty together. A stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I agree with Debi... the yellow and gray are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gray and yellow is such a great color combo. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete