Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Summer at the Beach

Still summertime here. People are taking advantage and sailing on the lake.


Challenge this week at Cardz 4 Guyz is going to the beach. What is more beachy than a pair of flip flops and sailboat.

The card base and lower "sand" border is Crumb Cake from SU!. The blues are scraps. I ran the background through a cloud E/F. The flip flops are from a scrap strip, fussy cut and glued on. The sentiment is SU!. punched with a cloud punch and popped up with a foam strip.



The sketch is Try Stampin' on Tuesday. I flipped the sketch so I could make "water" on the bottom.



 

5 comments:

  1. Very cool card! And by cool, I mean that water looks like something I'd like to cool off in. ha ha. It's hot here today - 98 degrees with high humidity. I like the addition of the flip flops to your card. They are definitely a sign of summer and warm weather. I have a flip flop die set that I haven't used yet. They're much larger flip flops, though, so I need to figure out how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...flip flops and a sailboat for the wi!! You rocked our "Going to the Beach" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz with your flip flops & sailboat!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! #C4G329

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative use of the sketch. This little scene is so much fun. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your beachy card is so cute! So clever to use the flip-flops for the "scallops" element to our TSOT sketch!! Thank you for sharing your cards and creativity with us!!! -Donna from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scene - the little flip flops finish it perfectly!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete