Thursday, August 24, 2023

Day at the Beach

What a better thing than a day at the beach in the summer. I'd love to be dipping my toes in the ocean about now for a little relief from this scorching heat. Oh well, before long I suppose we will be grumbling about how cold it is.😀 A quick and easy card for Freshly Made Sketches 



I chose these papers because they were on top of the heap. There was not enough of the sand dunes paper to cover the whole card base so I stamped an overall shell background. Then bordered the dune paper with brown. I used a baby feet stamp to look like someone had walked a path in the sand. Then added the flip flop strip and 3 shells.The shell stamps are from an old unlabeled set. They are fussy cut and gluded in place.

Here is the sketch







And this paper was also at the top so I did a twofer.

No sentiments until I decide what to use them for.

 



6 comments:

  1. I was so surprised to see your cards today because I have a "flip flops" card half finished on my work bench as I type this. Great minds think alike. *lol* I also tend to grab whatever paper is on top of the pile and make a card with it. These are both great cards. Love those colorful flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love that sand castel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to get to the beach with all the heat you've been having, Donna! Your cards are soothing and beachy and great for those who can't get to the beach. I LOVE how you used the baby feet on the first one!! I hope it cools off soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Perfect for these hot days of Summer! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches for this milestone challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you beachy cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you created two wonderful card. Both are so sweet. Thank you so much for joining our 600th sketch celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete