Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Carnation

 Happy Tuesday! Today at Tuesday Morning Sketches we are featuring a sketch by Debbie that is Raechelle's favorite.



I have a commission to make 50 cards for a women's sorority group that sends birthday cards to their members. Their flower is a carnation. I do not have a carnation stamp but I found a pretty precolored digital carnation on Etsy. This is just one. They will not all be the same.


Black card base. Polka dots paper from my stash.I printed out the carnation and trimmed it down and backed it with black. Centering the carnation with a black border makes it pop. The sentiment is SU!

Come check out the design team inspirations and share your own creation.



7 comments:

  1. So pretty and so appropriate for the sorority. Ho do you get commissions like that? Fifty cards is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black & pink...pretty image for the focal point to. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at polka dots! And then you add that lovely carnation. Such a wonderful card, so girly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will love your cards & you will feel so accomplished when they are all done because you ARE an accomplished card maker!! I love both that you have shared! The sweet butterflies are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oopsy I got the butterfly card mixed up (maybe I’m psychic wink wink) hahaha-I’m looking forward to seeing all the cards you make for your 50!! I hope you share them ALL!! -Patti R

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the pretty flower against the fun polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Donna. Great polka dots.

    ReplyDelete