Monday, May 9, 2022

Vintage

 I don't usually do vintage cards but love the look of it. I think there is a fine line between not enough and too much piled on.

For Mother's Day, my daughter sent me a succulent plant that had burlap and ribbon around it. When I repotted the plant, I looked at the ribbon and thought Ah, vintage card. Do you often find inspiration that way?

Additional inspiration for this card is from Splitcoast Stampers via Pinterest.



I used a Fiskar edge punch on the Kraft base. The vanilla square has some grunge stamped designs. I think it kind of repeats the burlap and lace design.  The sentiment is from SU and punched with an oval punch. The button is a Martha Stewart Punch, tied with linen thread.

The design is the sketch from Make the Cards Challenge



4 comments:

  1. I don't often do vintage either. I don't think I have the artistic sense for it. Your card turned out great! It's really pretty. I like that lace against the burlap. I'm always looking at packaging and wondering if there is something I can make with it. I'm a little more selective now, though. I used to keep everything; now I pick and choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That style is challenging, but you created a beautiful card! Love the contrast between the lace and the burlap, such a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage feel of this card! The burlap looks really great against the kraft base and soft lilac paper. Thanks for joining the Make The Cards Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. I love the lace and the other details. Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete