Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Nature Masculine Card

Cardz 4 Guys is a blog challenge all about making masculine cards. This weeks theme is autumn colors birthday cards.  I love using fall colors and nature elements on guy's cards.

 

I have been playing around with alcohol inks on vellum. It is a great technique and every piece looks different. I used Stampin" Up! Blends and alcohol to make the "camo" looking background. I used Bronze, Dark Crumb Cake, and Dark Old Olive. Just scribble them on, drop on the alcohol and instant drama. There are a lot of youtube videos out there if you want to see how this works. Try this one or here.

I like the vellum to stay flat without tape showing so I wrapped it around Very Vanilla cardstock. I secured that to a piece of wood patterened paper and then to an Early Espresso card base. I die cut 3 elements from SU's Nature's Harvest bundle and glued them on. The sentiment is an old SU one. I don't normally put bows on masculine cards but a little raffia bow adds more nature to the card.


5 comments:

  1. Donna, this is beautiful!! What a great take on our "autumn colors birthday" challenge!! You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Donna. I read your comment about the Gemini Junior and, although not yet tried it, also know it has mixed reviews. I doubt if any die cutting machine is absolutely perfect and will keep my trusty Cuttlebug to hand. People like me with shoulder issues really like electronic machines - but without my limitations I would have gone for a manual Big Shot or similar. Watch my blog, I'll be honest with my opinion - as am sure you should know by now. Keep safe! x

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card - for either gender! I love the inked vellum. I've never tried that technique, but it sounds like fun. I think your rafia bow was the perfect touch. I think men can enjoy a little bow now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, and the colors make it a perfect card for a guy! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Great layout and so glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete