Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Not Done with Frogs

I think there is a frog plague going on in my craft room. LOL! This is my 6th frog card this week. I am having so much fun creating cards with the frogs from retired SU So Hoppy Together stamp set. 

I am sorry I missed Shopping Our Stash challenge Rainbow Connection. The first thing that popped into my mind was The Muppet Movie. Now I have that refrain stuck in my head "the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me."  

 Double Trouble Challenge fun challenge this week includes, Thing 1: a fun fold. Thing 3 include a frog in honor of  Frog Jumping Day on May 13. Thing 2 Double Dare is enter at Crafting Happiness Challenge which is also celebrating frogs.


I tam calling this an off center gate fold. On the right section, I added rainbow colored scraps from the stash. On the left, I did a background with butterflies and bees also from the SU stamp set. I colored the frog with SU blend pens and die cut it with an oval die. And added google eyes because every frog needs google eyes right? The sentiment is also retired SU and is die cut with an SU speech bubble die. Inside, I added a blank insert stamped with the bees up in the corner. 


Linking to Make the Cards Challenge which is also having a 1, 2, 3


3 embellishments-tiny blue sequins at the frog's feet to add sparkle to the water, 2 die cuts--oval and speech bubble, 1 stamped image--frog.

When my son was a toddler, I had a poem in his room that said something about boys with a frog in their pocket, so I think this also meets the challenge at The Paper Players, cards for boys.


Have a fun Frog Jumping Day



11 comments:

  1. I have loved all of your frog cards! They're so much fun. And, yes, every frog needs googly eyes. Those silly little embellishments give them personality and expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - that frog is adorable (if frogs can be adorable…) Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat a frog with googly eyes - love the rainbow stripes with the green too. Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little frog with his goggly eyes! The rainbow will certainly bring a smile, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Donna! I like the off-center gate fold and the gate decorated in rainbow stripes is pure perfection. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #83.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your googly eyed frog on your gate fold and the bright striped paper chosen is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card!! I love all the bright colors. It immediately cheered me up when I saw it. Thank you for joining Make The Cards Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your froggy card is magnificent! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, love the bright colors! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute and great design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute! Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete