Sunday, May 16, 2021

Squash It Challenge

I guess they are called challenges because they are meant to challenge us. Let's Squash It challenge Let's Make Space and Bring on the Bling did just that for me. I searched my E/Fs and found only one that leaves blank space. 


The tree and leaves are a Darice E/F


I used colored pencils on their side to lightly add color to the tree and leaves. It is hard to tell but I used a light yellow pencil on the background behind the leaves to give a little sunshine glow. The bottom has some sponged on green and old stamps of stems and flowers. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!

The bling comes in as SU sequins--light green in the tree and a few orange ones as flower centers.   Sigh!, after I was done, I noticed a green ink smudge by the flowers so I fixed that with a punched butterfly.

This is all on a SU Pool Party cardstock to give a sky background.




5 comments:

  1. And what a lovely folder you found. Your card is gorgeous and I love how you filled the space with flowers and added 'blingy' fruit to the tree. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful scene and folder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely folder and perfect for this challenge. Nice to see the "embellishment opportunity" philosophy worked well for you here, you'd never know that butterfly wasn't part of the initial plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful summer scene. Wish my flower beds looked that lush! Your embossing folder is really a neat one. Looks like it would work well for fall cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous folder and card. Love the blinged tree. Thanks for joining the Let's Squash It! challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete