Thursday, May 13, 2021

Using Scraps

Forever on the quest to use up scraps of patterned paper. Do you buy packs of paper, use a few sheets and then stow the rest for sometime later--way later?  I have been going through my file box of 12x12 patterned papers and making an effort to use some of them. Of course, that is to make room for more!


This paper is retired a couple of years ago from SU called Bird Ballad. The tree branch in the die cut oval scallop is an old one called Cherry Blossoms but doesn't have a manufacturer. I slightly colored them with Pool Party since the blossoms in the background paper have a blue tint. The hello sentiment is also SU.  In the Bird Ballad pack was a sheet of all birds. I cut them all out with the Scan 'n Cut so I have them ready when I want a bird accent.

Using the sketch from 

Tuesday Morning Sketches



5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. What a smart idea to cut the birds out of a piece of patterned paper to have them at the ready. I don't have a Scan 'N' Cut, but I can cut out some things with a special process on my Silhouette. It wouldn't be as easy as the Scan 'N' Cut, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely! I'll admit I'm a paper hoarder and once I started buying 6x6 paper pads the 12x12 paper rarely gets used. Glad to see you using your stash to join us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with the great DP and lovely bird.
    I have too much paperpacks too and I love to make my backgrounds myself at the moment. So the stack doesn't really decrease.
    Thanks for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh such a pretty background! I love that paper. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paper and bird and coloring...a Scan & Cut sounds so wonderful! I’m so glad you created with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete