Saturday, March 16, 2019

Two-fer Balloons

It has taken me awhile to get inspired to make 2 cards with balloon themes for Darnell"s Two-fer Challenge


I could come up with a traditional one because I have a large balloon die from SU. The balloon is die cut from a striped scrape and winked with Stella. (Darnell, I think I need Hammy to visit to give that some more schparkle!)  The Panda is also SU. Die cut letters are Tim Holtz.  I wrapped some twine around the balloon and the panda's arm so he could hold on for dear life. I will send this to Send A Smile 4 Kids


I finally decided on what to do for the second one after checking out Cheryl's blog Paper Panacea today. She used a hot air balloon die cut, cut it in two and inverted it to make a pretty vase with succulents in it. Made me think "terrarium"
I cut the balloon from a light blue scrap and a piece of vellum. I stamped and die cut some succulents (by SU) to put behind the vellum. The base of the terrarium is the die cut jar lid from SU's Jars of Love.  More paper scraps by SU and some sequins to finish it off. This one is from the sketch by Freshly Make Sketches


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad Cheryl inspired you, Donna, because I love how you turned your balloon into a terrarium! It's a great design and perfect for FMS, too! I also love your traditional card with that adorable panda holding on for dear life to that big fat fabulous balloon! This will bring someone great joy! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! (I'll see if I can get Hammy to do a video for you on how he winks such great schparkle, lol! Oh, dear, I've just shared your comment and I swear I can see his head getting bigger! He'll be insufferable now!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! The terrarium was a fantastic idea, and putting your plants behind the piece of vellum made it look realistic. Another stroke of genius was using the jar lid die for your terrarium base. You were definitely firing on all cylinders for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, would you look at this! A terrarium! It's not only clever, it's beautiful and it fits the sketch so perfectly, too. I love your Panda holding on for dear life. These are two very good cards for our Twofer challenge, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards and so totally different! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that little panda soaring away into the sky on his colourful striped balloon is adorable, Donna ... and what a brilliant idea to create a terrarium from the balloon ... it's so delicate and serene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That panda and his striped balloon are so fun! I love you imagery that he's floating through the air, holding on for dear life! Great idea to make a terrarium out of your balloon. The jar lid makes a great base. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete