Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dad's Day

I've done several days of Mother's Day cards so it is give equal time to Dad today.
If I tried to do the lines and splatters on my own, I'm sure it would be a mess. Thanks to SU for their Gorgeous Grunge stamp set--makes a mess look less messy! I did the sentiment on the computer and cut it with a Nesties label with the Big Shot. The lines and splatters are done in SU chocolate chip and real red smudged around the label for definition. I anchored the label with 4 glue-on gold brads.
I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch

And since it is "Inside and Out at The Kraft Journal I used a Kraft cardstock base. And repeated the line stamp on the inside.
I found this sentiment on a Hallmark Card program I have on my computer. It just makes me think of our daughter. She always has a "Daddy Do" list when we visit her home. I just might see if she wants this one to send her Dad for Father's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Great dad's card, Donna. Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sweet! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete