Monday, December 11, 2023

Gift Bag

Cards are finished and mailed. Moving on to gifts. Adults and teens in my family get gift cards or cash.  I wanted something a little special beyond a card to package those gifts. I made this cute little bag for one. It is large enough for a gift card or cash. Or it would be a fun treat holder.


I used a double sided paper because it is a little heavier and stands up better. I have had the large snowflake die forever and don't know who makes it. The snowflake is attached to the flap with a large glue dot. I punched a hole through all the layers and tied on the coordinating tag with a silver ribbon. It is enough to hold flap closed. You could use a glue dot to hold it closed if you are not adding a tag. The snowflake on the tag is a Martha Stewart punch. 

The direction's for the bag can be found at Paper Pixie blog here

Entering this at Double Trouble Paper Crafting. I have used a die and ribbon.

And since I used Thing 1 and Thing 3 I can also enter at Thing 2"s challenge site Use Your Stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Donna, what a cute idea for "wrapping" a gift card! Thank you also for sharing the link on how to make our own!! You definitely met our Double Trouble "Die-cember" requirements to use a die - thank you so much for sharing!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute--and festive--bag! I love the big snowflake on it. My grands get cash or gift cards, too. This year, I made special little envelopes for the cash and put them in a cute little box from Dollar Tree along with a packet of hot chocolate mix and a couple of small candy canes. I tied some ribbon and added a gift tag on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patterned paper you used on your gift card purse, and love the colorful snowflake. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble and Wrapping It Up with Use your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute package for your gift cards or cash. I love snowflake projects and yours turned out so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty patterned paper - just wonderful! Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #155. - Melanie R. (You may enjoy seeing the projects created by the Posh Paper Lady on YouTube.)

    ReplyDelete