Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Vintage

 Hey there, Happy Tuesday and welcome to Tuesday Morning Sketches  with this sketch


I admire the vintage style but have not been able to pull it off very well. For one, they usually have a lot of layers and I like to keep my cards fairly flat for mailing. I found this gorgeous vintage 6x6 paper pad at a nearby craft store. They  are by Dress My Craft. So most of the design is done for you. you just have to added some layers.


The butterflies are a 2 step stamp retired from SU. I added a little more color with a Stampin' Blend. Under the the butterflies is a strip of sparkly netting. The netting is a part of the package of hand made papers from Grable. I don't usually order things from a facebook ad but these are really nice papers. I think they were made in India and it took forever to get them but worth the wait.

Here you can kind of see that sparkly netting. It adds some of the texture you usually see on vintage cards.


The butterflies are attached with glue dots which were enough to also hold the netting in place. I left off a sentiment so I can use it for any occasion. 

Check out the design team cards at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I hope you find some inspiration and share your creation.





5 comments:

  1. I think you nailed the vintage look with this one. I have a hard time making vintage or distressed cards, too, especially those that have torn and/or frayed papers. I always think the recipient is going to think I sent them an old worn-out card. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful combo of some truly unique supplies Donna!! I love it - I also struggle with that look and love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the BG and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The netting is so pretty. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely lovely! I like single stamp cards for mailing, too. But even if this is fairly flat, it has a lot of dimension.

    ReplyDelete