Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Christmas Song

 A fun new challenge at Let's Craft and Create to be inspired by a song. This time of year, of course I thought of Christmas song.

You can find old hymnals at yard sales or old book stores. I like to use the hymnal pages as backgrounds.

This one appropriately is Away in a Manger. I had never heard it called Luther's Cradle Hymn


I used tie dye distress ink to give an antique look to the paper. The image is Stampabilities. I filled in the star with a gold metallic pen, then scattered some small punched stars around.




3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card! Your antiquing is perfect. And that's such a great tip to look for old hymnals to use. I will keep that in mind. I think I might have heard it called "Luther's Cradle Hymn" when I was growing up, as we went to a Lutheran church when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card!! I love musical backgrounds, and that image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!! I love the simple design, yet it so beautifully carries the LC&C theme of "Inspired By A Song". I knew it was "Away In A Manger" right away!! Thanks for playing along with us this month. Cathy LC&C DT

    ReplyDelete