Friday, March 4, 2022

Cranes

 I purchased a paper share from the SU mini catalog. You get 6" sections of each of the DSP designs in the catalog. I wasn't sure whether I would like the Symbols of Fortune DSP and would not have ordered that on my own. ButI really like the serenity of it. When I saw this paper, I thought of the area near me that is a wildlife refuge where sandhill cranes migrate through twice a year. There is a festival there called Marsh Madness which we will be visiting tomorrow. 




Enlarge the image to better see that beautiful scene. One of the papers had the crane scene in repeat. I was able to crop several with an oval die. I backed that with dark grey. The cloud paper is another in this series. That is backed with white. I left off the sentiment until I decide where this card will go.

The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches

Here is another version with a little more bling. The background paper has gold foil branches so I sided it with gold strips. I put some printed vellum behind the oval scene. 



6 comments:

  1. very pretty and serene looking, great take on sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that is gorgeous paper! You made lovely cards with it! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are just beautiful. I think "serenity" is the perfect word to describe those pretty scenes. If I didn't already have so much paper, I would enjoy paper shares, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oval frame is just perfect to highlight the gorgeous patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to catch up with friends blogs and I love all the cards I've missed. These two are so soothing and something we need right now. I love how you used the papers. The backgrounds are also very soft and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paper is really pretty! Sure makes some beautiful cards! Love both of them! I really do love the gold peeking out! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete