Monday, July 19, 2021

Twofer Birds

I was having a hard time with the Twofer Card Challenge this month with the prompt of birds.


I thought I only had 1 bird stamp but when I saw what Darnell did with a chicken here it was like slap on the forehead--of course chickens are birds. So I pulled out one of my favorite and well used Stampin' Up! sets Hey Chick. This chick just makes me giggle every time I get it out.

What do you do with all those strips you trim off 6x6 papers? Why mix and match them on another card. That is what I did for the Onefer


The papers and sentiment are from SU! I colored the chick hair and tail with red and green.

Twofer is for your BFF struggling with wrinkles and a bad hair day or maybe another birthday.


I used SU Old World Paper EF for the background. I am showing the debossed side as it looks more like wrinkles. The die cuts are with the coordinating SU Hey Chick set. I used a bunch of different SU Blends to color the hair and tail. The sentiment is labeled Rosie's Roadshow, purchased several years ago at a local craft shop.


4 comments:

  1. I love that cute chick and the slap on some lipstick cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so cool! I love the mix of holiday papers on the first one and the "wrinkles" on the second one. You rocked this Twofer, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These chicks always make me smile and your second card makes me laugh out loud, Donna! I love how the first chick has her hair done in Christmas colors too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing at your red and green chick (great use of snippets!) and then I REALLY got to giggling when I scrolled down to your second one with the debossed wrinkles and fantastic sediment! I've written it down so I don't forget it! Thank you so much for remembering these crazy chicks and playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete