Thursday, July 1, 2021

Tropical Cheer

 On this gloomy rainy day here, I bring you some sunny tropical cheer. Have a mai-tai and enjoy!


The penguin and palm tree and sentiment are all from My Favorite Things. They are colored with SU Blends. I free hand cut a little oval to anchor the palm tree on its own little island. I used vellum die cut with SU Swirly Bird dies to create waves in the ocean. All on a turquoise card stock.

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches

I always love Tuesday Morning Sketches. And feel honored to have been a favorite pick last week. You can see that card here


And the color scheme and tropical theme from Make the Cards Challenge #22




7 comments:

  1. Cute card, love your ocean waves! Great job combining the sketch challenge and the color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your idea to use vellum to indicate the ocean waves. I need to remember that! Your penguin is so cute with his mai tai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch with that cute penguin and I love the ocean waves.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG so cute! Awesome take on our theme! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers! to you Donna! Adorable card. I like the way you did the stripes in the sketch. Very inventive. Have a great day!
    And thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Hugs, Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and tropical! I love the penguin and how you added the waves. Glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd like something in tropical right now! Your card is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete