Sunday, October 4, 2020

Christmas Cardinals

In my part of Indiana, cardinals stay around all year. It is so neat to look out on a snowy day and catch sight of cardinals sitting on a tree branch. My cardinal card is another in the upcycling series. I cut the focal image from an old Christmas card and placed it off center on an SU plaid paper. 


The sentiment is SU, done in Real Red and fussy cut around the edge. I glued that to a red scrap and trimmed a border around it. Does this make you think the birds are named Peace and Joy?😀😀😀

I am submitting this to  Just Us Girls  challenge

Another portion of the old card I was working with had this same image in a small circle. So I got a twofer upcycle with this one.


I have used several small snippet's so I just for fun, I am also submitting to Pixie's Crafty Workshop Pixie's Snippet Playground Challenge #388.


4 comments:

  1. These both turned out great. I get great satisfaction from being able to upcycle cards I receive. I especially love the plaid backgrounds, too. We have cardinals all winter in our yard, as well. You're right about seeing them on a snowy day--that bright flash of red is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the cardinals in the tree on a snowy day, Donna. The ones on your card are beautiful and the plaid made a great background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plaids and I am loving those cardinals, too! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous cards Donna. We don't have red cardinals here in the UK - although we do have robin redbreasts of course. But they're quite solitary and you usually only see one at a time.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete