Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Holly Upcycled

 Do you upcycle Christmas cards that you have received in the past? It is fun to take parts of them and make new "designer" cards, therefore the term upcycle instead of recycle.


The holly print is the upcycled part of of this card. It was a bit plain on its own so I added strips of gold foil on each side. The sentiment is Winnie & Walter. The holly die cut is Marianne Design. I punched out berries and winked them for some shine. A gold bow pulls it all together. 

Inside is a sentiment from Stampon' Up! and an additional holly leaf.

The sketch is by Andrea at Tuesday Morning Sketches



4 comments:

  1. I use as many parts of the cards I receive as I can. I not only make cards with them, but also gift tags. I figure it's a compliment to the sender of the card that I like it enough to re-use parts of it. Your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    I had a pile of cards to upcycke, but I think they got purged during my move. :/
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely and I like that you upcycled part of it. So glad you joined us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete