Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Snowfall

 I have Christmas cards on the mind so saw this design of Tuesday Morning Sketch

 with snowflakes down the side.


I recently saw references to "salt technique" on a blog. I gave it a try but not too successful. I did the watercoloring  and sprinkled sea salt on but didn't get the white spots that are supposed to appear. Guess I will need to practice a bit more.

So, I just have a SU Lemon Lime Twist watercolored background. The snowflakes are punched from a scrap of hot pink glitter paper that I purchased from Walmart a few years ago. The sentiment die cuts are SU. I layered them on black to give some dimension. The right side needed a little more balance so I added 3 pink sequins.

Here is a second try at "salt technique". This one looks a bit better. It has 2 colors of blue and a lavender watercolor backgrounds. The snowflakes are stamped and heat embossed with silver. The sentiment from SU. I wanted more shimmer so sprayed it with Glitter Blast. Glitter cards are really hard to photograph. It is really sparkly IRL.






6 comments:

  1. I think both came out pretty Donna, I love the no so traditional colors of pink and green and the snowflakes were perfect for the five elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the master at using sketches! I made myself a little book of sketches and always forget to look at it. Doh! Your cards are both great, but I especially LOVE that second one. And imagining the sparkle it has only makes me love it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are lovely! I've tried the salt technique one time and had mixed results. The backgrounds still look fantastic. Glad you played along with this weeks sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backgrounds and I love your take on the sketch with the fab snowstars.
    Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so pretty!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pink snowflakes! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete