Thursday, August 27, 2020

Season of Thanks

 One thing I like about living in southern Indiana is the changing of the seasons. Although some days seem to have several seasons in one day😀. But when Time Out Challenges posted their challenge with cue word seasons, I immediately thought of fall. I love all the colors of the fall season. And large stands of sunflowers are one of my favorites.


The stenciled background if from a paper in SU's Botanical Prints product medley. I used orange and yellow randomly. The sunflower and leaves are SU"s Painted Harvest. The sentiment also SU is on a Sizzix label. I added gold and copper glittery washi tape at the bottom.  And dressed up the inside with a sunflower peeking over the edge. I added a few clear sequins enhancements, though they are hard to see. The just add a little sparkle without detracting from rest of the images.


The other inspiration was this beautiful photo at Hand Stamped Sentiments


Her is the cue card from TIME OUT



6 comments:

  1. This is a flat-out gorgeous card! I love your sunflower, the stenciled background and the sparkle from the washi tape. It all works so well together. And the partial sunflower on the inside dresses it up perfectly! I learned something about sunflowers the other day. The heads of young (immature) sunflowers follow the arc of the sun whether its cloudy or sunny out. Mature sunflowers, however, do not follow the sun as their younger counterparts do. I had thought they followed the sun throughout their life cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and Autumn is my fav too! The background works so well with the image-coloured perfectly and adore you added the sparkle. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so very pretty. Love that you picked fall, and the glitter strips make your card feel so festive. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you stenciled the background and colored the sunflower. I also like the touches of sparkle. So glad you were inspired to create such a beautiful fall card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card that just screams Autumn - one of my favourite times of the year too. I love the addition of that washi tape which really makes it sparkle - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunflower is so beautiful! And fits so good at the season! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete