Friday, August 14, 2020

Gone Fishin'

 I used up a lot of my stash of Get Well cards recently so have been working on replenishing that. Using the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches here is one:

I used a Sizzix EF to make wavy lines on the front of a SU Soft Sea Foam card base. Then Swirly Bird dies to make waves. The fish is a pre-colored digital from Louby-Loo. I did the banner sentiment on the computer and of course "fishtailed" the ends. Three blue sparkly sequins are also riding the waves. 

How is this especially a get well card you might ask. The answer is inside:

I took the cut outs from the wavy die and glued them inside to make more waves. Hope the recipient of this card does not suffer seasickness.

Here is the sketch:

You can see, I made wavy lines instead of straight ones.

I think I will do another of this design with "a very happy birthday" inside for my husband who likes to fish and snorkel in the tropics.

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Lovely fish!
    Thanks for playing with Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card, and it was a brilliant idea to use the off-cuts from the wave die on the inside. This design would even be good for your Cards4Kids donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch! I love the waves for the the lines! Thanks for joining us at TMS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun get well card!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute get well card. I love those waves! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete