Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Butterfly Twofer


I have tons of butterflies:  stamps, dies, paper. I sat and looked at all the selections and could not come up with inspiration for 2 cards to play in Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge
Today I was cleaning and organizing the scrap box and found a forgotten butterfly die hiding in the bottom. Label is lost and I don't know who makes it. Aha moment! I die cut several of them in white. And ended up with this
The onefer is bold and bright in SU's Melon Mambo over white cardstock. The sentiment on a matching strip of paper is an old one from SU, embossed in white. You have to look really close to see the clear sequins and the glitter glue added over the star shapes.

The twofer is very subdued on SU's Night of Navy card base and then blue vellum with the new SU Old World Paper EF. I love that texture. I glued the die cut onto the vellum and then turned it over and put a few dots of glue on the backside of the die to stick the vellum to the card base. The sentiment is also SU embossed in white, trimmed out and glued on.
This one is also for the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, with a little stretch of the imagination

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful die-cut, and these cards turned out so pretty! They're perfect for the Twofer Challenge. I haven't had a chance yet to enter, but I'm thinking about it! I've got to get the RV cleaned out tomorrow and then I can spend some time at my craft desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one huge and beautiful butterfly and floral/leafy die, Donna! It makes the cards with little extra needed and it looks great with your color choices! I especially love that blue vellum embossed background! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty die cut image, Donna ... lovely in both colour combo's ... the texture in the vellum is especially fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful die cut! Very pretty on each color! Thanks for sharing it at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are lovely! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and so striking! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the large, lacy look of that die cut, Donna! So pretty on both of your cards, and I love the addition of the vellum! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That die is gorgeous! Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete