Thursday, February 27, 2020

Ocean Waves

I made this card a while back to enter an original art contest by Cochlear America to display in their national headquarters. IT IS A WINNER. The story behind the card is being able to hear the sounds of the ocean waves. As I lost my hearing that is one sound that was lost. It was such an aha! moment after receiving a Cochlear implant to realize the waves coming to shore made a sound.
Inside
I used the wavy die from Stampin" Up! Swirly Bird Set. Some are cut with card stock paper and others with various colors of vellum. The sun and sailboat are from the same set. The palm tree and beachball are My Favorite Things. I did another palm tree inside.
Just Us Girls challenge so fits this card.
Also linking to Tuesday Throwdown favorite color challenge. Mine of course is blue.
And I see all the colors on my card in the photo inspiration by TIME OUT Challenges

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to be sitting under a palm tree right now, watching and listening to the sights and sounds of boats and waves. You've really created a 'sense of place' with your card! Thrilled to see you in the JUGS gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your wins, Donna. Not only for the card but for the chance to hear the ocean. You've depicted it perfectly on your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome, Donna! Congrats on your win. You definitely deserved it--I love your card so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations...this is one gorgeous card. Love your beautiful ocean scene, feel like I need a trip to the beach. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how much this card captures the story behind it so perfectly. Congratulations and I can definitely see its a winner. That wave die has such movement to it and the colours also go with our challenge perfectly. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scene you've created, the waves look fantastic and it's easy to see a lot of love went into creating this! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete