Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Bear Dad

Mother's Day cards finished and sent for Send A Smile 4 Kids so time to start on Father's Day.
I am taking this opportunity to CASE the Designer at Global Design Project and this week it is Brian King, the champion of clean and layered cards. I always love Brian's card and his blog.
Here is the card we are to CASE
And my version:

I have had this DSP hanging around in my paper file for quite some time. When looking for something for a guy, this one jumped out and said "pick me, pick me!"  I layered it on a Crumb Cake card base. The green background in the center is the reverse of the camping paper. On the center white piece, I stamped a "forest" with the trees from the Waterfront set. I fussy cut a bear from the paper, glued it onto a cardstock scrap to make it firm enough to pop up with dimensionals. The sentiment banner is an old SU one. I snipped into the line on the bear's arm so he could hold the banner.
Inside, I did my own sentiment on the computer and glued on another bear cutout.


We camped a lot with out kids when they were young. Had a lot of great adventures that they talk about and remember now that they are adults. They even camp with their own kids.
I hope a hospitalized child will love this one to give to his/her father.
If you love making cards, check out the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog. They would love to have any kid style card to send to children's hospitals for use by staff as well as kids.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card Donna and thanks for the shout out for SAS4KIDS. We can always use more card makers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, Donna! I think some kid will love to give it to their dad. We did a lot of camping with our kids, too. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this paper and love this card. What a cutie! Thanks for your kind words, Donna! ♥

    ReplyDelete