Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Ferns

I have a request for 24 Thank You cards so am looking for quick and easy card ideas. The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is just the thing.
Here is my card:
Can it be any easier than this? The circle of ferns is from SU's Tropical Escape 6x6 pack. Behind it is a scrap of Lemon Lime Twist. The sentiment is an old one from Lawn Fawn. I was going to stop there but kept looking at it thinking it just needed something more. A punched tiny flower is just the balance needed.
I don't know--do you think I can leave all that white space alone?  It is hard.
Back to the desk to try more of this sketch.
Here is take 2. Looks so different with landscape orientation and colored background.This paper is from Garden Impressions 6x6 pack. Back strip from Swirly Bird dies. I added leaves and butterfly because they happened to be laying nearby on the desk and were in the right color tones.

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you, Donna--I have a hard time leaving white space alone. I think it looks good, though. I think lots of white space has a calming effect. That said, I like your second card a lot. The addition of the swirly lines, leaf sprig and butterfly looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of cards! I love the bright cheery colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! I am a total fan of the tropical paper and white space! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete