Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Halloween Turtle

We take a break from the Christmas card flurry to bring you a Halloween theme for sketch challenge from The Kraft Journal

My 7 yr old grandson is a big Ninja Turtle fan. I learned how to do the turtles from fellow blogger Cheryl at Paper Panacea, See her card and tutorial  here. It is awesome. So here is my Halloween Turtle card
I used a Kraft card base--since it is a Kraft challenge. The DP is from SU. I did both sentiments on the computer and free hand cut out the speech bubble. The bats are done with a Fiskar punch. On the inside, I used a hexagon IF from Sizzix on black to mimic a turtle back and then anchored by sentiment with purple banners like the turtle's mask.
Who can tell me which turtle wears a purple mask? Guess I'll have to ask Owen that one.

Okay, I'll confess, I also made a Christmas card with this sketch.

That tree is a stamp and punch combo new in the 2014 SU Holiday Catalogue.

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are adorable and perfect using this week's sketch at The Kraft Journal. I am so happy you played along with us. I know your grandson will be so happy with his card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ninja Turtle card is awesome! But then, so is your Christmas card. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete