Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Buttons and Bows

The challenge from The Kraft Journal is buttons and bows. I received the wreath and die set from SU today and just had to try it out.
The Kraft cardstock was run through Big Shot with a "brick wall" Tim Holtz impression folder. I sponged on some white dye to give it a weathered look. That made my fireplace wall just ready for a wreath to be hung. I stamped the wreath leaves with SU lucky limeade and then Tim Holtz peeled paint distress ink. The set comes with 2 step stamps to get that contrast look. Then I cut the wreath with the die cut in the set. Instead of stamping on berries which is part of the set, I did groups of 3 tiny red buttons. Tied a bow with red satin ribbon and secured it with glue dot. The sentiment is also SU done in real red.

3 comments:

  1. This is a perfect holiday card. I love the kraft cardstock. May have to try something similar myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Christmas card. Love that wreath against the "brick wall". Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal! :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I like the wreath on the brick wall background. Love your profile. Can't wait for that day...retirement that is!

    ReplyDelete