Friday, August 16, 2013

Birthdays

I am working on my stash of birthday cards today. When you make one, while you have the DP out you might as well go ahead and use more of it.
This is the one I started with to enter in the sketch challenge at Pals Ppaper Arts 
Then I went on to do 3 more. 
I used the cupcake paper from SU--I think it is now discontinued. The cupcake stamp is an old one I have had for years but is still a favorite. I used it because it has the cherry on top like in the DP. Some of the cupcakes I paper pieced, the one on the left is colored with water color pens. The small cupcakes on the diagonal greeting are in the Keep Calm set. Hard to see in the photos but the frosting has blue glitter glue and the cherries are coated with Crystal Effects.
Here is the sketch for the first card.


PPA168











 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The cupcake and DSP are divine together! Love a cupcake with a cherry on top. The whole set is spectacular and won't you be happy when you get into your stash for your next birthday card. TFS and thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great birthday card. I love the colors in the DSP and how the button and cupcake pull it all together! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! YUM - the cupcakes are making me hungry!I love the way you took the theme to be able to create so many different cards! Super duper!Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete