Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vellum

I haven't done much work with Vellum but seeing the challenge of using specialty papers from Latenight Stampers gave me the opportunity to pull out the Vellum and create something.
I used the Love and Sympathy set. Stamped the Iris in white on the back of the vellum and the sentiment in black on the front. Next time I might try the image in Versamark and use white embossing power on it.  I used a heat gun on the inks to be sure they were thoroughly dry before flipping the vellum over. I tacked the vellum to a scrap of brown with brads. I have not found a truly clear glue that will not show thru vellum. Anybody know of one? Then a shear ribbon and bow. And taped down to Certainly Celery card base.
I like to decorate the inside also. I think it just gives a little special touch. So I did a message on the computer and then stamped the same iris in certainly celery after stamping off once to soften the color a little.

 

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, Donna, with a heartfelt sentiment. I need to try your idea of stamping on both sides of the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the idea of stamping on the front and back will have to give it a try. Thanks for joining us this week LNS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the softness it adds. Thanks for playing along with the LNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete