Sunday, June 16, 2024

Sympathy

 I recently sold all my sympathy cards. I like to have a few on hand so I don't feel pressure to make one when it is needed. For one of my stock, I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday


I did not opt for their twist of using non traditional colors for holiday cards.


The papers are from Stampin' UP! DSP Thoughtful Journey.  The sentiment is an old SU one,

The new challenge at The Paper Players is sympathy or encouraged. Does clean and simple always mean white?  There are minimal layers so I think it qualifies as clean and simple

6 comments:

  1. I was happy to see that you posted this for our PP challenge because I don't think CAS has to be only white! This is a wonderful sympathy card and these papers are perfect for them. I love how you made the tag with the DSP. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper you used is so beautiful--perfect for a sympathy card. I had to make a few sympathy cards, too, as I was also out of them. Like you, I like to have them done ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a card still has minimal layers and embellishments, 'white space' isn't always necessary. These papers are beautiful and make for a great sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely sympathy card and the way you used the two designs is perfect! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for a Sympathy card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Donna! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    SS DT
    SKETCH SATURDAY
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete