Thursday, June 13, 2024

Beach Time

Summertime means beach time. Unfortunately I live 600 miles from the closest seashore. So I will bring the beach to you via a card.

Surprisingly the background paper is from the new Country Woods DSP from Stampin' UP! It has a slight wood grain with color variations that made me think of a beach. I enhanced that look by sponging on colors. Then I embossed some waves with a Sizzix E/F. The tree is from a sticker set from Happy Memory Keeping from JoAnns. For the sun, I die cut a circle in yellow and sponged on a little orange. The beach ball is from My Favorite Things. 
I used this sketch from Freshly Make Sketches My card is the mirror image.

And adding to challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure Anything goes with a twist of beachy.

3 comments:

  1. Your use of that embossing folder added the perfect touch! I don't know how you even thought of it. This is a fun card and a great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, love the shading on that background paper, the texture you added really makes it work perfect for a beach scene! Great card, thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this beachy scene! The embossing folder is perfect! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete