Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Watercolor Flowers

We have a new Tuesday Morning Sketches  to get your mojo going. I hope you will visit the blog to check out the design team creations and use our sketch and share your creation with us.



I love the look of watercoloring but am not very good at it. So I tend to buy papers that have that look. This one is SU's Hand Penned.




An oval die cut frames some of the flowers I added a layer of vellum to add "glass" to the frame.. I tried a scroll die cut but it  looked too busy against the flowers and it left no place for a sentiment. So I used a sentiment and a couple of leaves.  To balance the frame I added 3 gems. 



7 comments:

  1. Great flower card !!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so feminine and pretty Donna! I bet you could watercolor…just copy stuff for a while and before you know it you’ll not need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vellum was such a good idea. I think it adds to the watercolor look even more. Very pretty card. The leaves were a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I really like the vellum and papers you've selected!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow frame with gems. The velum is a nice touch. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Donna. I love the vellum in the center, really softens the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vellum layer to make it look watercolored and softer. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete