Thursday, January 6, 2022

Recovered Fail?

I recently saw on  Brian King's blog about dropping ink on card stock and blowing it around with a straw. I thought that sounded like fun. I used 2 blues and 2 greens because I wanted a water effect.  I don't know. I think I just made a mess but decided I could probably cover it some way. I tore 4 strips of colored textured vellum (retired from Stampin" UP!) to make a wave effect.. I attached  them diagonally. Then added a turtle and sentiment from Technique Tuesday. 


 Then while I was blog surfing, I found that I had used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  Isn't it great how those things work out?


Also adding this to Darnell's NBUS page as the turtle and sentiment are making their debut.

8 comments:

  1. Love those turtles !
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great, Donna! Your turtle looks very happy swimming around in the pool, especially with the cool waves! I remember doing this technique and loved it. I also got good results using one of those air sprayers - you know the cans that you use to clean off your keyboard and tight spaces? They make cool designs and you don't have to breath the blending solution so up close. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you had to "save" this card. Your straw-blown inks made a really interesting background. But, that said, I do love your vellum strips. I would not have thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card, Donna! Your ink-blowing made for a super-fun backdrop to your sweet turtle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Donna for getting your experimental genius working already this new year!!! I think it turned out totally fun and I love that turtle + colors & vellum!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created a wonderful water background for your turtle. That looks like fun. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... I adore sea turtles. Your card is fun and your inky background turned out terrific. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - what a creative take on the sketch. I love this! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete