Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Boy Birthdays

My grandson will be 12 soon. He and his family have been displaced by Hurricane Harry.  Thankfully, they had only minimal flooding and have been able to find housing and starting the clean up in their home. So many will be forever recovering from this devastation.
He was born just prior to Hurricane Rita. Fortunately as a newborn, his house was not affected.
I am just feeling bad that I am so far away and cannot go help them out.
So a very special card for you Andrew
I think pre-teen boys are so difficult to design cards for. This stripe paper from My Favorite Things paper pack makes just the right background. The "phone" is from a new SU set called Text Ya Later. It has lots of sayings & emojis. So fun!  Inside I did my own message and added more emojis.
I used the sketch layout from Freshly Made Sketches
Another boy card with the same sketch.


These images and sentiments are from Newton's Nook.

2 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous cards! I'm sure your grandson will love his card and appreciate a little sense of normalcy in celebrating a birthday with all that has been going on. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great boy cards! Your grandson will love his.

    ReplyDelete