Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another Birthday?

Today we visit the zoo to celebrate "Winston's Birthday", another cute stamp from Newtons Nook.
I followed the sketch from The Kraft Journal


Here is my trip to the zoo
I used Kraft cardstock base. I guess that could represent a lot of animals with brown fur. The b/w cow DP is from an Animal Print stack. The sort of zebra stripe is washi tape. Then Winston,who looks totally perplexed about another birthday, is colored to look like a panda. The gift and hat are from the same set, stamped and colored and then cut out. I used strands of baker's twine untwisted for the tassel. I added googly eyes which add even more to that perplexed look.The sentiment is also from the Winston set.
And inside
I did the sentiment on the computer. Added a strip of the tape and sponged some red around the edges.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love that you made the bear into a panda and gave him google eyes! And the animal print borders were the perfect touch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! You've done a fabulous job with our sketch this week. Such an adorable image, and it's decorated inside and out - just SO sweet. I hope you'll stop by to share with us again soon, and have a very blessed week!
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete