Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Purple Roses

 Here it is end of May. As I am retired I don't have to think about this but are you ready for your kids to be home for the summer. Have activities planned for them? Maybe you can get them to do some crafts with you and make a card with this new sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. It is pretty easy even for new beginners.

I followed the sketch except used flowers instead of a star.




With all the Mother's Day, Father's Day and Graduation cards, I have neglected my stash of thinking of you cards. So I went with that today. The background water color paper is by Paper House. The reverse side has the large rose print. I fussy cut two roses to use as my focal point. I also fussy cut 2 different leaves to tuck in behind. I winked the flowers and leaves and then did outlines on the petals of the flowers with a silver star gel pen. That is a silver strip behind the roses. The light is reflecting a rainbow effect on it. The sentiment is an old unlabled one. I added 3 purple gems for some accent.

Inside I added a fussy cut leave to the inside with my favorite Winnie the Pooh quote.


 

 

Check out the design team cards and then create one of your own. Look forward to seeing your creations.

Tuesday Morning Sketches


7 comments:

  1. Donna your card is very pretty, I love the purple/silver color theme. I gravitate toward monchrome coloring. I really like this. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh!! Ha ha, I truly didn’t realize how similar our cards were —I just had in my mind since I saw your card LAST week to try a split front card for this week’s sketch! Been so busy with graduation events (my oldest grandson) that I just made it as quick as I possibly could. Well you know what they say about imitation—it’s the sincerest form of flattery!! So I hope you take it as an ultimate compliment!! I didn’t mean to totally copy you but I guess I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and in my favorite color, too! This is such a nice, basic layout. I know I've used it in the past. I love what you did on the inside, too. Those little leaves were the perfect embellishment to that fabulous Winnie the Pooh quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Forgot to switch from "Anonymous" to Cheryl W in the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely roses, congrats 💐☺️ happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card! Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! This paper is wonderful! And I love the inside sentiment!

    ReplyDelete