Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Father's Day

 I hope you all had fun playing along with our last sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches in conjunction with Double Trouble Paper Crafting.

So here we are into the second half of May. Thoughts begin to turn to Father's Day cards. I've been busy making some to send to Send A Smile 4 Kids. This is our new sketch for the week

Open to lots of interpretation as to what shape to use. I went with the circle as shown.



This is an offset fold with paper from a couple of different Stampin" Up! collections on the flaps. On the upper flap is a large deckle circle die from SU! The Father's Day die is form Die Versions. The Happy is an old SU! one. I fussy cut a couple of screwdrivers from the DSP to accent the circle. 

Check out the blog and all the design team inspiration and create your own interpretation to share with us. 

Tuesday Morning Sketches
I sent this card to Send A Smile 4 Kids. Here are a few more I made from the same papers.


I have loved working with these papers. They make me think a lot about by Dad who has been gone almost 40 years now. He was such a great carpenter. He could make anything I asked for.



4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your Father's Day cards--all of them! I was so glad to see your comment on my blog. I was beginning to worry about you as you hadn't been online for days. I've been making lots of Dad's Day cards, too, and thinking about my dad. He couldn't build a thing, but he could play guitar and sing. He often had me sing with him, and I knew the words to all the country western songs as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thank you for the inspiration for a fun fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Father's Day cards! I love the tool dies!

    ReplyDelete