Friday, December 11, 2020

Frolicking Zebras

New challenge time for Let's Squash It. This month is use any embossing folder and dies/fussy cutting. I ended up using both dies and fussy cutting.

I have been playing with the new Quite Curvy stamps and dies from SU. It has been a learning curve (see what I did there?) (pun intended) to get the cutting edges the right way and lining up curves on the card base.  This card I used only 1 side of the curves.


After die cutting the green grass with the curvy die, I ran it through a Sizzix for Stampin' Up! folder. I don't know the name, I just call it wavy lines. I think it looks like grass. I adhered that to a Pool Party background that I used a Darice cloud embossing folder on.  The zebra is from SU, stamped and fussy cut. His little robin friend is from the Quite Curvy set. It has a coordinating die cut. Colored with Prismore colored pencils. I don't know, do they have robins in Africa plains? The hello is also SU, it has a die cut but it is just easier to fussy cut it.

I think this will also be a fun card for kids at Send A Smile 4 Kids. Their current challenge is winter cards for kids. So I suppose winter in Africa is like our summer.

6 comments:

  1. Really cute. I love that cloud embossing folder. Did you ink that piece of paper before embossing it? It looks like it's lightly shaded with a pale blue. Your zebra and bird friend are super cute, too. If they don't have robins in Africa, maybe this little scene comes from a local zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute scene! Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card for kids. I love the clouds and that curvy die is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Love zebras. Lovely combo of folders to enhance your scene. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling zebra and friend atop the grassy hill, Donna - love the embossed clouds too! So delighted to see this cutie at Let's Squash It!!

    ReplyDelete