Friday, April 24, 2020

Grad Card

This is a weird and difficult year for seniors. Just because there will not be ceremonies and maybe not open houses, I still want to honor the seniors I know.
Remember the old painter's tape technique? My tape is really wide so i thought (light bulb going on), I wonder if Washi tape would work. Well it does. If you are not familiar with this technique, tear off a strip of washi tape longer than the size of the card. Lay the tape over the ink pad and gently press it into the ink. Pull the tape away and apply to the paper.
The local high school colors are red, white, blue and the team mascot is stars. The grad cap is a sticker. The sentiment is from SU!
This uses the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!
Another old technique I tried today is wrapping rubber bands around a large clear block and applying ink with it.
I did the sentiment on the computer and die cut with SU! die.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Donna !
    X ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love both your cards and the creative techniques you used. Looks like you had some inky fun, and they both turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for the occasion and sure to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete