Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hippo Godmother

When I saw Di's inspiration picture at Pixie's Crafty Workshop with the cute hippos on it, I remembered an old hippo fairy stamp I have.
I used a Highland Heather by SU card base and then 2 scraps of purple dots from my stash. The image and sentiment are unlabeled and both stamped on white snippets. I colored the hippo with Prismore colored pencils and star gel pens The circle is backed with a glossy gold scalloped circle.
Inside sentiment is computer made and accented with another unlabeled stamp magic wand with more star gel pen coloring. Definitely submitting this for the prize.
I used this sketch in a horizontal orientation from Tuesday Morning Sketches
So my birthday was last week. My birthday wish would be for you all to stay well, stay away from people, and for this disaster to be over soon.

3 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday to you, Donna! Hope you had a good day. Your card is so sweet. Love that hippo image. Imagine how strong hippo wings have to be to allow them to fly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sentiments are just too funny. Great card. Happy belated Birthday. Stay safe. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenges, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun card! I love how flipped the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete