Monday, September 23, 2019

Penguin Twofer

Nothing like sliding in just under the wire. If you have not played Darnell's Twofer Challenge this month, you only have 1 more day. The prompt is critters.
I love penguins. I could watch them play around all day as long as I am at the warm zoo and they are in their polar ice room. If you have not seen the Disney documentary production about Penguins in 3-D, try to find it in your area. It is one of their Earth Day productions. So cute!
In my first:
Pete the Penguin is having such a wonderful dream, frolicking in the surf on a warm, sunny tropical isle.  
Then whamoo! He wakes up back to reality and cold.
And yes, I know I am mixing my continents. Penguins are at the South Pole where Christmas is in their summer season. Igloos and dark in the winter are at the North Pole. But he is so cute with that igloo.  Oh wait, maybe it wasn't all a dream. Where did that red inner tube come from? And his little pool of water?
I used a bunch of different stamps and dies for these two.
Penguin and palm has lost its label, I think maybe Lawn Fawn.  (MFT, thanks Cat for that info) Igloo from Winnie and Walter. Waves and sun are die cuts from SU. Glitter "snow" paper and stars are from SU
I used bunches of snippets from the scrap box so also submitting to Pixie's Crafty Workshop
Her Mimosa card is so cute. I would love to win the prize she is offering. It would go really great with that tropical theme of my first card.

5 comments:

  1. It's mesmerizing watching the penguins at the zoo or aquarium, isn't it? Adorable cards. Even though penguins don't live at the north pole, they still celebrate Christmas. Or maybe not, but we can imagine. Thank you for joining us at Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell how much fun you had making these two cards, Donna, because the fun just exudes from the monitor! I can't imagine anyone not loving these special unique critters. I got such a kick out of your first card with the tropical theme! Maybe they do dream of such things! And then the way you put him back where he belongs but left the inner tube and a little pool is just adorable! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #20! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguin and palm tree are from MFT's Penguins in Paradise. I agree you had to have fun making these cards and providing a narrative for the scenes as well. I enjoyed reading the transition from one to the next. Thank you for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge #20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun cards Donna - I love what you wrote as well, really made me smile here!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your penguin cards! Such different little scenes, but each perfect in its own way. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete