Wednesday, August 21, 2019

DUCT TAPE

My 76 yr old brother-in-law fell off a ladder while trying to put a hunting tree stand into a tree. Broke his pelvis and got several abrasions. Fortunately his wife was with him but with no cell phone reception, she had to get him into the car and to the local hospital.  When are these older men going to realize there comes a time when they should not be climbing ladders?
Here is the get well card I sent
That is real duct tape across the bottom. The sentiment is done on computer. The tree (SU's Rooted in Nature) and the strip of wood grain paper scrap are inspired by his building a tree stand. Just to carry on the theme, I added a small bandaid sticker to the side.
I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so perfect for the injury incurred, but I'm sorry to hear about your BIL's accident. My DH still climbs on a ladder to get to our roof. I made him promise me that he will not do that unless I am out there with him. Not sure he'll keep that promise, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Sorry to hear of your BIL's injury, but this card will surely bring a smile!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your brother-in-law. Sending quick healing prayers to him. Very pretty card, too. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the perfect get well card for the occasion. I love the sentiment! Hope your brother-in-law heals quickly. So glad you joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete