Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Bright Stars

This month's Twofer Challenge from Darnell is Stars.


At this time of the year, when stars are mentioned, I think of the local high school. Their team name is Stars and colors are Red, White, and Blue. We are in the midst of basketball tournaments. And graduation will be here soon.  I usually need a few grad cards so my twofer starts out with the grad card.
The star paper is from my stash. Honestly this paper has been hoarded since my kids were in high school in the early 1990s. I must have purchased a bunch of it. I bring it out every year for the grad cards.  The sentiment is a NBUS sale item  from Technique Tuesday. The big sparkly white star is a die from SU. The little star border is from a hand punch. The grad hat is Stampabilities fussy cut and popped up with foam tape. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches I have this done so quickly because I saw the preview yesterday on facebook.




The twofer card
is for my stash for Send A Smile 4 Kids The star background are all stamps in the same Technique Tuesday set as the sentiment. Colorful stripe paper is from the scrap heap. Same die cut star this time in red sparkle paper.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful Twofers and both use the sketch so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch and a sweet entry for the twofer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful star cards Donna! No wonder you've been hoarding this beautiful dark blue starry paper. It's awesome and looks amazing with your design. Love the star with the grad cap on top. :) Your second star card is so fun and bright with the wonderful rainbow stripe in the middle. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it's hard to believe my own son was in high school in the 90s, too! Your stars make a perfect grad card, and then you have a second for a very good cause. Both cute and cheerful! Thank you for joining us at Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice take on the Twofer star theme! I hope to find some time to enter the challenge this month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna, it's nice to see you again. Love your star backgrounds and those glitter large stars are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You went crazy for the stars and that's a very good thing for the purposes for these cards, Donna! I, too, love that cool pp and I'm proud of you for using it! And your large stars on each design really are the stars of the cards!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Good use of the sketch. Like the star graduation theme. Thank you for participating this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love your choice of a nice big star in place of the square - great cards both of them I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite I like them both so much. Thanks so much for creating with us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches, I always look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both wonderful!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love these! What a great idea to use a star! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete