Friday, January 11, 2019

Let's Go Fly A Kite

I just saw the new Mary Poppins movie. It was cute. Not only new characters but new music. But I missed the old tunes and Julie Andrews. Remember the song "Let's Go Fly A Kite?"  I have a NBUS set from Technique Tuesday that just fits that idea.
I punched out clouds that are actually light blue but somehow kept photographing as gray. The kites were stamped over the upper cloud after it was glued in place. Then I stamped them again on scrap white, colored just the kite portion, fussy cut them and glued over the stamped clouds. This sentiment in the set seemed too small for the white space so I stamped it on a punched cloud. 3 little stamped flowers float at the bottom.
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches
I will also be sending this to Send A Smile 4 Kids 


4 comments:

  1. That's a fun, encouraging card. It really worked well to stamp the kites first and then adhere the cut-out kite over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design for the kids, Donna, and good for you using that NBUS! Great idea to stamp the sediment on a cloud!! (Thanks for the movie review, too!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kites, and I loved the new Mary Poppins movie too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun inspiration for this adorable card. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete