Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tuesday Twofer

Today I made 2 cards for 2 challenges.
Darnell's Twofer challenge with the added theme Wreaths
And using Tuesday Morning Sketches
Wreaths aren't usually diamond shape so I took liberties with the shape in the sketch.
One is a Christmas wreath hanging over the mantle
On both, I used the Wonderous Wreath set from a few years ago by Stampin" Up! and punched flowers. The sentiment is from a word set also by SU. The brick paper and the  "mantle" strip are from my scrap box.
I know it is just beginning winter season but I am already longing for Spring. The older I get the less I like cold weather. My twofer is a spring wreath hanging on the back fence.
The sentiment here is from Newton's Nook. I added a strip of grass paper from my scraps at the bottom of the fence. The "fence" paper is from a pad by Ms. Sparkle at JoAnn's.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty cards. I love your backgrounds! I'm with you regarding the weather! Spring can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned. I took some photos of my own wreath cards today that I need to get posted on the Twofer Challenge site. It's such a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that wreath from SU and I always liked it! These are so lovely, Donna! You've made a great and classic Christmas card and I'm loving the white-washed brick wall! Your second wreath is beautiful for spring, this time hanging on a fence! Thank you very much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #11! (I hope winter isn't too long for you!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful! It's so cool that you can use the wreath for more than one season!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to use this cool wreath on two different cards! I like the wooden plank background for your TMS card and I'm already ready for spring LOL Thanks for sharing your card with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that wreath from SU and it looks fabulous as a Christmas wreath as it does as a Spring wreath with the strip of grass underneath!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards! Love the different seasons of wreaths. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, What pretty cards... and a great interpretation of that diamond-shaped sketch! So glad you played along with this month's Twofer Wreath Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete