Saturday, March 21, 2015

New Schtuff and Inspiration

I am playing with new stamps and techniques today for the NBUS challenge djkardkreations. Darnell is such a clever blogist (is that a word?) She is always creative and cheerful. This is her NBUS challeng #4

So I have some new SU stamps to use. This one is also a case of an idea if not literal copy of a card by Darnell. She used a tissue box for her inspiration. Here is her box and card.

Here is my card and box


I masked off an area with Post It Note strip and then used a leaf stamp from the Crazy About You set and a flower from Painted Petals. Stamped them in VersaMark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment is an old SU one stamped in Baked Brown Sugar in that masked off area. You can see mine is not quite as literal a reproduction but gives the same idea.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great interpretation of the tissue box. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored to be CASEd by you, Donna! What a thrill! You made such a beautiful card using your tissue box as your inspiration! Well done!! Thanks so much for the shoutout and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell, a Blogist (I like it! It's like Biologist, only less typing!)

    ReplyDelete